During the 2nd half of 2014 the Jhb Council made the following changes to street names.
• Sauer Street has been renamed to Pixley ka Isaka Seme Street;
• Bree Street has been renamed to Lilian Ngoyi Street;
• Jeppe Street has been named after community activist, Rahima Moosa;
• President Street will be known as Helen Joseph Street; and
• Noord Street becomes Sophie de Bruyn Street, named after the only living leader of the Women's March.
In Alexandra, Lion Crescent has been renamed Japie Vilankulu Crescent (Student activist in the 1976 Soweto Uprising.
In Soweto, Thabeta Street in Orlando West is now known as Hastings Ndlovu Street.