The Tourist Guide Indaba (TGI) is the new and revolutionary marketing contribution from the Institute of Professional Tourist Guides of Southern Africa (IPTGSA) where professional tourist guides can meet the tour operators and agents who use their skills to enhance the unique experience that tourists to South Africa can experience.
The tourist guiding industry is very unique in that most of the guides are freelance guides and work for tour operators when and where required and don’t have the luxury of permanent employment and all its benefits. An enormous amount of time is spent to produce CV’s getting your name and skill-set out there for the major players in the industry to take note.
Members of the Institute may join the Tourist Guide Indaba to promote and meet the actual people that the tourist guide could work for and promote the skill-set that they have to offer.
The TGI wants to be/will be a one stop shop for marketing the tourist guides’ services to . foreign and local tour operators thus providing a convenient / anefficient networking opportunity.
Thursday, April, 19 2018 has been earmarked for the TGI . It will be held in Cape Town at Workshop 17 on the V&A Waterfront. This coincides with the WTM 2018 where the operators, agents, DMC’s and the majority of the tourism industry will already be present.
The concept will roll out in the following way
- The venue will be laid out in language divisions - all guides who guide in a specific language will exhibit together.
- Networking facilities will be available
- Snacks and drinks will be available to offer guests
- A lists of registered guests will be available to members via email to set up appointments
- Mass marketing of the event will be done by IPTGSA
The final program will be issued closer to the 19 April 2018.01.16
- Members of the IPTGSA need to register online for TGI by the 1 May 2018
- Space is limited due to venue size
- On confirmation of your participation payment will be required
Exhibition packages available
- Package 1 – Exhibition only R700 pp
- Package 2 - Accommodation package R1775 pp
Package 1 Exhibition
Includes the following
- Full participation at the venue for the full day on the 19 April 2018
- Welcome dinner and social planned for 18 April 2018
- Drinks and snacks during the day for you and your guests at the venue
- Table and networking areas at your disposal to do business
- Completion party at the end of business
Package 2 Accommodation package
This is only for the out -of -towners
Includes the following
- 2 nights’ accommodation B&B (18and 19 April 2018)
- 4 transfers to and from guesthouse to venue
Local members or members that have their own accommodation will only need to pay R700 to be part of this exceptional opportunity.
Out of town members need to arrange their own transport to get to Cape town .The cost for package 1 and 2 is R2475
There is a possibility that members from Gauteng will club together and travel in a minivan but this needs to be organised by participating Members.
Only IPTGSA members will be accommodated to exhibit
CPD credits will be awarded to attending members in the IPTGSA organised sector.
Non members that see this as a great opportunity can still register online to become members at www.iptgsa.org